Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Rebellion as a theme










For my semester study, I will explore the theme of rebels. A rebel can mean a number of different things and conjures many specific figures to people's minds. I myself feel a strong connection to the mindset a rebel may possess, and my being a girl can also mean many things. Women, from early times, project the notion of purity and elegance. But as the story of adam and eve goes, rebellion has burned deep within women since the beginning of time. I constantly try to defy the stereotype of females by buying boy clothes, urging others to play football, and even belching and Farting in the presence of others (emphasized the word FART because it pisses me of when girls feel they have to say toot.) therefore.... here are my words:


government
authority
regulations
haughty, fiery, feisty, tomcat
cowboy bandits
outlaws
criminals
liberators
oppressor/oppressed
fear
adrenalin
conniving, con men
guns/revolver
Bonnie & Clyde
protest/riot
hippies
black panther
mobsters
Al Capone
sex, drugs, rock&roll
Kiss concerts
piercings
Bulls, mustangs
heartless
destruction
hell, satan
pirates
cigarettes & booze
mask, hidden, deceit
blood
red & black
school girl
soil and staining





No comments:

Post a Comment