Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Proposal

I have always considered myself of a rebellious nature. As an only child for the first seven years of my life, after my sister was born, I had to get even. I fought a lot with my parents through high school and I pretty much did any thing I wanted. Luckily, I had enough self motivation that throughout this rebellion, I continued to excel in school, which I guess is why I thought I should be able to get away with things.
I even feel that in many ways, I rebel against the conventions of being a woman. I often act in such a manner that is "un-lady-like," and when it's pointed out, I act out even more. I would assume that these tendencies are what infatuate me with outlaws.
So for my semester topic, I plan to investigate the different aspects of the rebellious mind. Considering my previous themes, my work will probably lean towards the female as opposed to the male but I do not wish to limit myself to that. I plan on using more playful, mystical images and subtly relating them to real-life situations, referring to the classic teenage rebellion.
I also aim to incorporate religion and religious symbols in comparison to these rebels. I will investigate how holy figures are represented and then transfer this sanctification to these rebels I create, which I hope will signify how I, along with many teens, idealize these rebels which makes them divine in a sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment